This is a real and practical application of BYOS in real-life business, with the company website as the front end and the intranet at the back. This is an innovative idea and best supporting small business like PMCS, one of our sister company. The entire system started not too long ago. The fundamental architecture built allows flexibility for adding content in different formats and layouts in the future, which is the <a href="https://intellilife.hk/benefits/benefit-2">BayGO</a> approach. This approach fits the startups very much, because it takes a lot of time for thoughts to become mature, and there would be a lot of back-and-forth changing.
A nice looking and flexible template was used for the front end website, supporting marketing and promotion needs in real life business. The intranet is the second layer behind serving as information portal for the internal staff, and separately for business partners too. The third layer is a dedicated portal reserved for senior management and investors where confidentiality and security are more important.
This combined website and intranet architecture is an example of innovation in BYOS practice, and many more can come.
With a single login, the system will recognize the identity of the user and the right access to the right platform will be granted accordingly. This is a multiple-platform integrated into one concept, with single login.
This is a new system built, leaving a lot of flexibility for the future to come. Currently:
- A nice template for the front end website supporting different marketing activities. It is also a mobile-first responsive design supporting nice layout on mobile.
- BayGO approach is what needed while we are growing. BYOS knowledge and skills give us the flexibility.
- While swiping down, the top header disappears with the main menu remaining. This design saves limited screen spaces while maintaining important elements for navigation.
- Slide-out flap design save spaces but offer hidden navigation needs
- Excellent access and visibility control system enables the multi-platform architecture for different types of users.
The entire ideas originally came from the needs of serving people in 2 different and far away locations - Singapore and HK.
The major cost is time spent to select a nice and suitable template theme for the future marketing needs. This was a paid theme costing around US$70 but many nice features and layouts are available. Initial system took around 2-3 days to built most of the time spent on architectural design and learning of the theme. The rest will be the on-going additions and creatives.
Cost is nothing in this project. The biggest value is the flexibility to add more and more in future when the needs and requirements come (this is BayGO). On top of that, the many different available formats and layout are available as options with absolutely low effort. Compared with having technical teams or out-sourcing, there are big big savings there, not even talking about the time to wait for development.
- Log in to post comments